About Me

Follow on Twitter

Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

Brief Hiatus

Hello!

I hope you've enjoyed reading the stories I've posted here as much as I've enjoyed writing them. There are now "ten" stories online, with more coming.

However, I've decided to give my self a break from the blog for a few weeks. This hiatus will last until the twenty-first of September, unless I'm bad at math. During this time I will be working to write a story which, due to the finer points of publishing rules, I can't put online.

You see, most, if not all, literary magazines consider "posted on a personal blog" as previously published, which means at the very least I'd be forced to remove the stories from this blog if I wanted to get recognized for them in a magazine. The sorry fact about this is, if I tell a magazine or publisher I have "ten" short stories on a personal blog, they won't consider this previous publishing experience.

Which is just . . . so cool.

Anyway, that's why I'm taking a break. The story I'm writing (in fact I'm almost done!) feels really good. I might have to jigger it around a bit to get it right but man did it sound cool as I planned it.

Once that's done, I may try and get another story out for possible publication, but I mostly intend to take the rest of the time to work on a whole book! It's already written, and the good people that I had read it have all responded. They gave good feedback and I'm ready to take a good strong look at what I have and what they told me. How strange it would feel to send queries about a short story, much less a book.

Anyway, I hope you've liked the stories put up so far! I hope you take the time to read any you might have missed -- I know people might not have a lot of time on their hands.

Regular content will resume on the twenty-first of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment