About Me

Follow on Twitter

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Break time!

With the Day-lighter's three-part story wrapped up, it's time for me to take a breather from the blog. I'm going to continue writing during the break, but these are stories that I will try to sell to magazines. Like last time, the break will go for a month, which means that stories should restart on March eighth.

The first story I'm going to try to write involves a character that has existed for some time. This might explain it:

    He was the Flame of the South, a man that had won women from one end of Andalusia to the other before his eighteenth birthday. Greater Spain welcomed him with open arms -- as did the fine women in every province. He took his special skill abroad, conquering, in no certain order, France, Germany, England, Italy -- ah, Italy -- and beyond. In every country the woman found him; he didn't need to look. His charm, his stature, his voice, all were pieces of the formula that equaled Don Fuego. He visited Asia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East, and the Americas. Everywhere he went, he found he was the bane of men, and the sweet poison of women.
    So he told the men of his power, and offered them a deal. The woman you want is another's, you say? Si, Senor, I understand. I will help. They will not be together for long. I will make her love me -- but no, I could never stay with her. She will be sad, weeping . . . and then you will be there to comfort her, with a flower of her favorite color. What's that? You don't know her favorite color?
    Don Fuego knows.

There are some other ideas, but this one is the one I've been working on for a few days. I really like the character and the idea of a "Lover for Hire." The story seems somewhat loose right now, but it's shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment